Introducing TURN’s latest collaborative
After listening to many of you on the front lines, we’ve heard some common questions arise. For example, you’ve wondered:
- What are others currently doing concerning Foster Care Ministry in Riverside?
- What resources are available to me personally or to use to equip others?
- Am I the only one fighting this battle?
- How are others mobilizing their networks to step up to the challenges of foster care?
The new Foster Coalition & Clearinghouse is a collaborative organized by TURN to bring together anyone interested in serving any aspect of the Foster Care system. Whether you are looking for ideas for caregiver support, adopting social workers, mobilizing your congregation or just want to share your experiences and encouragement, we invite you to be a part of this coalition.
And what better way to kick off a coalition than sharing a meal together? You are invited to sit down with fellow advocates over a Saturday morning brunch in the home of a local Riverside family. We anticipate a morning filled with the Three E’s: Education, Equipping and Encouragement. And there will probably be Eggs, so we expect it to be filled with Four E’s!
Here are the details:
- What: Foster Coalition Brunch
- Date: Saturday, March 22, 2014
- Time: 10am – noon
- Where: The Carter Home, 19867 Rotterdam Street, Riverside, CA 92508
- RSVP: Beth Vangsness (951) 367-5896 or firstname.lastname@example.org Please reply by Wed. March 19th. Thank you!
Please join us for this kickoff Brunch and bring a friend who may be interested in exploring how to “look after orphans” in our own city of Riverside.